Thursday, May 16, 2013

To Publish or Not to Publish...

To publish or not to publish, that is the question.  So I've thought a lot about this, and I've talked to others who have actually read my book about whether or not I should pursue publishing.  Then there is the question of whether I should self publish or attempt to go the traditional way and submit my manuscript to a publisher.  So many questions and so many options.

I have officially come to the conclusion that yes I am going to publish my book.  Phew one hurdle out of the way, now the big question.  Which way do I want to try and publish it?  There are a few traditional publishers taking unsolicited manuscripts so I could always go that way or I could just publish it myself since I didn't really write it to make money, I wrote it for people to enjoy.

So, if you haven't figured it out yet I'm going to pursue self publishing.  I have a novel, a title, now I just need a cover.  I have some ideas but nothing is concrete yet so that is my next step.  Once I have the cover I'll be ready to go.  Yay!

I'll keep you all updated about the cover process and how things are progressing.  I'm not making any time commitments for when it will be available but I'll let you know when I know. :)  In my next post I may post an excerpt just for fun if you're interested.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment